Selected Projects and Publications
Comprehensive and systematic literature searches
- Comprehensive literature searches for review of clinical services for strategic planning for ambulatory/outpatient facility for Fraser Health Authority – Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Comprehensive literature searches of services for strategic planning for Acute Care Capacity Initiative for Fraser Health Authority
- Health policy
- Child and youth mental health service delivery models and systems
- Mental health promotion for aboriginal children and youth
- Women's health frameworks and development/evaluation of women's health indicators
- Government policy, including legislation, on supported employment programs for the mentally ill
- Health human resources planning
- Models for health consortia development
- Staffing, training and delivery models for vision care
- Determinants of supply and distribution of physicians and other health providers
- Trends in nursing resources
- Quality of care
- Public reporting of performance measures
- Population-based eye care service quality indicators
- Best practices in mental health services for individuals with dual diagnosis (mental illness and developmental disability)
- Clinical effectiveness debates in hospital-based technology assessment
- Allocation of resources
- Gender and health care utilization
- Pattern of practice and patient utilization analysis for vision care
- Patterns of morbidity and health services utilization by persons with chronic disease
- Autism and Lovaas treatment, cost-benefit analysis
- Patterns of outpatient surgery for cataracts
- Hospital services utilization, depression and health determinants
- Health services utilization by immigrants
- Cost-effectiveness of coronary stents
- Inappropriate prescribing to the elderly
- Appropriate use of prescription drugs
- Governance issues
- Governance and patient safety
- Wait lists
- Access to health services in Canada and priority setting
- Employee satisfaction
- Factors affecting nurse satisfaction in hospital settings
- Patient satisfaction
- Factors contributing to patient satisfaction in hospital settings
- Identification of patient satisfaction tools in hospital settings (emergency department, long-term care facilities, day surgery and mental health)
- Development of a mental health toolkit for self-management of mental illness
- Guidelines for public and patient education strategies around mental illness
- Minimum data set development and information systems to track delivery of mental health services
- Self-management of chronic disease
- Cross border medicine
- Premature mortality rate (PMR) in relation to and as measure for health status and need for health services
- Traumatic brain injury and return to work/supported employment programmes
Giustini, D. and Wright, M.D. (2009). Twitter: an introduction to microblogging for health librarians. Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association, 30(1), p. 11-17. Available from: http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/jchla/jchla30/c09-009.pdf
Wright, M.D. (2008). Supporting sexual health and intimacy in care facilities: guidelines for supporting seniors and adults with disabilities living in long-term care facilities and group homes in British Columbia, Canada. Literature search – methodology, bibliography, key informants [report for Public Health Agency of Canada]. Vancouver, BC: Apex Information.
Wright, M.D. and Kazanjian, A. (2007). Best practices for vulnerable populations: methodology for systematically reviewing evidence of effectiveness for the Canadian Best Practices Portal for Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention: Geographic Location – Rural: final report [report for Public Health Agency of Canada]. Vancouver, BC: Dept. of Health Care and Epidemiology, UBC.
Wright, M.D. (2007). Independent information professional. In: A day in the life: Career options in library and information science. Westport, CT: Libaries Unlimited.
Wright, M.D. (2005). Fraser Health Library Service: Guidelines for DB/TextWorks data entry and cataloguing conventions. New Westminster, BC: Fraser Health Library Service.
Wright, M.D. (2004). Developing standards for a public education resource centre: Questions to ask and considerations. Vancouver, BC: Apex Information.
Wright, M.D. (2002). Searching PubMed: An introduction [tips sheet]. Vancouver, BC: Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.
Kazanjian, A., Helmer, D., and Wright, M.D. (2001). Evidence-based health policy in Canada: Identifying the appropriate information for health technology decisions. Scipolicy, 1(2), p. 198-225.
Helmer, D., Wright, M.D., and Kazanjian, A. (2000). Shooting from the hip or target practice: A comparison of fugitive and conventional search results. Presentation Medical Library Association, Canadian Health Libraries Association Joint Conference. Vancouver, BC: BC Office of Health Technology Assessment.
Helmer, D., Wright, M.D., Savoie, I., and Green, C.J. (1999). Bibliography on systematic reviews: Locating, understanding and using the evidence. (BCOHTA 1999:2W.) Vancouver, BC: BC Office of Health Technology Assessment.